Cisco updated their Cisco Learning Academy lab equipment recommendations for the new CCT and CCNA Routing & Switching certification and we are offering two versions to choose from based on those recommendations. Both of these Lab Kits can be expanded to cover additional CCNA badges and for CCNP certification too.
The CCNA R&S CLA-1 Lab Kit comes with two routers, two switches, a Cisco access point and lots of cables too. This Lab Kit provides your students with “real-world” and “hands-on” experience that simulators and emulators just cannot match.
The 200-301 test covers topics including Network Fundamentals – 15%, LAN Switching Technologies 21%, Routing Technologies – 23%, WAN Technologies – 10%, Infrastructure Services – 10%, Infrastructure Security – 11%, Infrastructure Management – 10%. You can download a complete list of exam topics at https://learningcontent.cisco.com/cln_storage/text/cln/marketing/exam-topics/200-125-ccna-v3.pdf
Below is a snippet from Cisco Learning Academy’s recommendation spreadsheet. Option 1 uses C4221 routers and Option 3 utilizes C4331 routers. Other options include a Terminal Server, additional routers and switches, cables, desktop PC’s and client WiFi cards for the desktops. We do not offer desktop systems.
We designed this Lab Kit based on option 2 above for the Cisco Learning Academy classroom teaching CCNA level Routing & Switching. There is no benefit (including price) to using the C4221 or C4331 routers over the C4321 routers as listed in options 1 & 2.
The CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 Lab Kit routers are:
- 2 Cisco C4321 routers running version 16.x IOS
Cisco C4321 routers have 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 1 USB port, console and AUX ports, 2 NIM slots, 1 ISC (for PVDM4 modules) slot, and 4 gigabytes DRAM with 4 gigabytes of flash RAM. These routers have lots of other features and optional licenses such as DATA, Security, UC (collaboration) and others.
Also, the CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 Kit’s switches are:
- 2 Cisco 2960 Plus LanBase Layer 2 Switches running 15.0 IOS
The two Cisco 2960 Plus LanBase switches have features over the LanLite versions including:
• Enhanced security through Layer 2-4 access control lists (ACLs), DHCP Snooping, and more extensive Network Admission Control capabilities such as Web authentication and 802.1x enhancements
• RPS support and support for a wide range of SFP transceivers\
• Additional QoS capabilities: The LAN Base IOS supports policing, class and policy maps, differentiated services code point (DSCP), AutoQoS, and configurable queue weights, buffers, and thresholds
• Higher network-level availability with features such as Flex Links and Link State Tracking
• Increased number of VLANs (256) and other enhancements such as IPv6 Host, MLD Snooping, LLDP-MED, RSPAN, MVR, DHCP Option 82, and IP SLA (responder)
…and LanLite features including voice, video, data, and highly secure access, and delivering scalable management are included with this Lab Kit. Their features are, Enhanced security including Cisco TrustSec for providing authentication, access control, and security policy administration among others, and runs the LanLite version IOS 15.0.
Basic Wireless security is now part of the CCNA exam and other aspects of wireless technologies which is why we are are now including a Cisco Aironet 1262 wireless access point. This unit supports WPA2 and other security features your students will need to learn. A powercube is included to power the access point.
Of course we include plenty of Ethernet straight-through and crossover cables and power cables.
Optionally, you can add a pair of NIM-2T serial cards with a Cisco Smart crossover cable.
Another great option to consider is a Terminal server for console access to the equipment for the students and/or a separate 24 or 48 port switch such as the Cisco C3750v2 to connect students workstations to the CLA-1 Lab Kit for telnet access to the equipment or terminal server.
We provide you with UNLIMITED FREE technical support for each certification lab you purchase. We’re just an e-mail or phone call away ready to help you.
What is included in the Kit:
- 2 Cisco 4321 Routers with 4GB-D/4GB-F RAM, IOS
- 2 Cisco 2960 Plus LanBase 10/100 Switches with 64MBD/32MBF, IOS
- 1 Cisco Aironet 1262 Wireless Access Point w/Antennas
- 1 Cisco PowerCube Power Supply
- 10 7ft Ethernet Cat 5e Cables (yellow)
- 5 3ft Ethernet Cat 5e Crossover Cables (gray)
- 1 Cisco Console Cable (light blue)
- 5 Power Cables
- 1 12U Desktop Rack w/brackets is INCLUDED!
- Double CCIE Kevin Wallace’s CCNA R&S Practice Exam Questions.
- Access to our secure private download servers with backup IOS’, demo, and other freeware software. OVER 225 Gigabytes!*
- Unlimited technical support via email and telephone
- 1 year replacement warranty
- *Shown with optional cable management option, optional power bar.
Call or email us for an educational institution discount code.
To configure the routers and switches, you need a computer with a DB9 serial port to use with the console cable. However, most of today’s computers do not have this port. You can solve this problem by purchasing a USB to serial adapter like the one we offer below. Please note that when resetting a password on some Cisco devices, you need to press CTRL-BREAK while the unit is first powered on. Many of the “cheap” USB to serial adapters do not pass this code, ours does!
At the bottom of this page you will find a link to our USB to serial adapter as well as many other great accessories.
Please visit our Shipping Policy page for information if you are not located within the continental United States including AA, AE, and AP shipments before you order online.
*** We ship WORLDWIDE!!! ***
Have a Question or want to customize your kit?
Call us for free by clicking the call button below.
♥ We Love to Customize ♥