The Cisco® Fourth-Generation (4G) Long-Term Evolution (LTE) Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Cards (EHWICs) for Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2) provide the next generation of wireless WAN primary, backhaul, or backup solutions.
4G LTE is being used to provide both primary connectivity and network resiliency for business continuity. With greater agility and speed-to-deployment than wired solutions, 4G LTE reduces network cost and complexity while maintaining ROI. Practical applications of 4G LTE for distributed enterprises such as parallel networks, primary connection, failover, in-vehicle, network convergence, and wireless WAN diversity. The 4G LTE EHWICs with ISR G2 is the industry leader to bring enterprise grade wireline like functionality such as Quality of Service (QoS) for cellular, Multi-VRF for cellular and Unified Communications solutions over LTE.
The Cisco 4G LTE EHWICs (Figure 1) are the first enterprise-class 4G multimode LTE wireless WAN (WWAN) solution. With 4G LTE, WWAN is a primary WAN link solution. Businesses can now run applications such as interactive video and telepresence on a primary 4G LTE WWAN link, which is 10 to 15 times faster and has 5 times lower latency than 3G links. These cards support the latest Third-Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 9 LTE standards. Cisco 4G multimode LTE WWAN EHWICs provide persistent, reliable LTE connectivity with fallback and transparent handoff to earlier technologies. The cards provide bandwidth to support high-definition (HD) and peer-to-peer (P2P) video calls, providing customers with an excellent mobile broadband experience. The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs are tightly integrated with the services provided on the award-winning Cisco ISR G2 devices, which deliver secure data, voice, video, and mobility services. The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs are supported on the modular Cisco 1900, 2900, and 3900 Series ISR G2 devices.
Enterprises are looking for ways to reduce deployment time, enable comprehensive media services, increase revenue, and improve business continuity. The Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs, when coupled with a service provider’s wireless data plan, provide a rapidly deployable, high-bandwidth, reliable, and secure solution for branch offices and remote sites. With 4G LTE data rates, the Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs offer a primary WAN link solution capable of running comprehensive branch-office services, including voice and video services.
Main Features and Benefits
● Integrated 4G LTE WWAN broadband: With the 4G LTE WWAN modem integrated into the router, you gain the benefits of simplified installation and management. In addition, the Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs are tightly integrated with Cisco ISRs, which run the industry-leading Cisco IOS® Software, giving access to all the advanced features of Cisco IOS Software such as quality of service (QoS), intelligent network queuing, and robust security.
● Performance: With increasing data use and the proliferation of web-based applications at remote sites, there is an increasing need for high-speed (broadband) data connections to run mission-critical applications at these sites. 4G LTE WWAN services promise low-latency links at high speeds.
● Short installation time: Businesses sometimes have to wait weeks or months to get data circuits installed at new locations. For temporary or seasonal sites, wireless data services allow instant connectivity anywhere there is cellular coverage, and rapid deployment allows you to quickly set up networks with WAN connectivity.
● Network resiliency through WAN diversity: WAN connectivity is crucial to the functioning of your business, and any downtime means a loss of productivity and lost opportunity. Staying connected and operational during a network outage can be vital. A wireless connection for backup to a remote site provides protection against line outages and an additional level of redundancy, because the 4G LTE WWAN infrastructure is often served by separate facilities, providing redundancy for the entire local loop. With 4G LTE WWAN, Cisco Intelligent WAN (IWAN) provide transport independent, intelligent path control, application optimization, and secure connectivity on any device, over any connection, and to any cloud.
● Portability: You can easily relocate wireless routers and Cisco 4G LTE WWAN EHWICs wherever coverage is available.
● Multiple-PDN: This feature allows configuration of multiple active (Access Point Name) APN so that Internet traffic can be kept separate from the corporate traffic.
What others are saying
There are no contributions yet.