CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit
Cisco updated their Learning Academy lab equipment recommendations for the new CCT and CCNA Routing & Switching certification and we are offering two versions to choose from based on those recommendations. Both of these Lab Kits can be expanded to cover additional CCNA badges and for CCNP certification too.
Helpful buying/testing information:
The 200-301 test covers topics including Network Fundamentals – 15%, LAN Switching Technologies 21%, Routing Technologies – 23%, WAN Technologies – 10%, Infrastructure Services – 10%, Infrastructure Security – 11%, Infrastructure Management – 10%. You can download a complete list of exam topics at https://learningcontent.cisco.com/cln_storage/text/cln/marketing/exam-topics/200-125-ccna-v3.pdf
Below is a snippet from Cisco Learning Academy’s recommendation spreadsheet. Option 1 uses C4221 routers and Option 3 utilizes C4331 routers. Other options include a Terminal Server, additional routers and switches, cables, desktop PC’s and client WiFi cards for the desktops. We do not offer desktop systems.
We have designed the CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit based on option 2 above for the Cisco Learning Academy classroom teaching CCNA level Routing & Switching. The differences in the 4321 & 4331 are as follows:
4321 comes with 4GB memory and is expandable to 8GB. It also has its own power supply with a different type of connector than most routers. If by chance something happens to your powercord you wont be able to replace it as easily as the 4331. If you decide to put your kit into a rack your powercord is actually on the same side as your NIM ports which face forward in the rack so it adds an extra cord in the front that just is NOT appealing to the eye. Also, making wiring up your lab while mounted in the rack more of a pain to get the cables in place between brackets.
4331 has 4GB memory and is expandable to 16GB. It uses a normal powercord and the port is in the back like most of the other routers. This setup looks very pleasing to the eye, not to mention you can replace the powercord very easily if need be!
CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit Routers Included:
TWO Cisco 4331 Routers Running IOS 16.x
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 1 Console port
- 1 USB port
- 1 Aux port
- 2 NIM slots
- 1 SM-X slot
- 1 ISC (PVDM) slots
- 4 GB DRAM & 4 GB Flash Ram (both can be upgraded to 16GB)
These routers have lots of other features and optional licenses such as DATA, Security, UC (collaboration) and others.
CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit Switches Included:
TWO Cisco 2960 Plus LanBase Layer 2 Switches running 15.0 IOS
The two LanBase switches have features over the LanLite versions including:
• Enhanced security through Layer 2-4 access control lists (ACLs), DHCP Snooping, and more extensive Network Admission Control capabilities such as Web authentication and 802.1x enhancements
• RPS support and support for a wide range of SFP transceivers
• Additional QoS capabilities: The LAN Base IOS supports policing, class and policy maps, differentiated services code point (DSCP), AutoQoS, and configurable queue weights, buffers, and thresholds
• Higher network-level availability with features such as Flex Links and Link State Tracking
• Increased number of VLANs (256) and other enhancements such as IPv6 Host, MLD Snooping, LLDP-MED, RSPAN, MVR, DHCP Option 82, and IP SLA (responder)
CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit Additional Equipment Included:
Basic Wireless security is now part of the CCNA exam and other aspects of wireless technologies which is why we are including a Cisco Aironet 1262 802.11a/b/g/n access point. This unit supports WPA2 and other security features you will need to learn. A powercube-3 is included to power the access point.
Plenty of Ethernet straight-through, crossover cables and power cables.
—Your 4331 Routers do not come with any NIM cards. You can add a pair of NIM-2T serial cards with a Cisco Smart crossover cable if you would like.
***Another great option to consider is a Terminal server for console access to the equipment for the students and/or a separate 24 or 48 port switch such as the Cisco C3750v2 to connect students workstations to the CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit for telnet access to the equipment or terminal server.***
We provide you with UNLIMITED FREE technical support for each certification lab you purchase. We’re just an e-mail or phone call away ready to help you.
What is included in the CCNA Routing & Switching CLA-1 XE Lab Kit:
- 2 Cisco 4331 Routers with 4GB-D/4GB-F RAM, IOS
- 2 Cisco 2960 Plus LanBase 10/100 Switches with 64MBD/32MBF, IOS
- 1 Cisco Aironet 1262 Wireless Access Point w/Antennas
- 1 PowerCube 3
- 10 7ft Ethernet Cat 5e Cables (yellow)
- 5 3ft Ethernet Cat 5e Crossover Cables (gray)
- 1 Cisco Console Cable (light blue)
- 5 Power Cables
- 1 12U Desktop Rack w/brackets is INCLUDED!
- Double CCIE Kevin Wallace’s CCNA R&S Practice Exam Questions.
- Access to our secure private download servers with backup IOS’, demo, and other freeware software. OVER 225 Gigabytes!*
- Unlimited technical support via email and telephone
- 1 year replacement warranty
Call or email us for an Educational/School discount code!
Additional configuration information:
To configure the routers and switches, you need a computer with a DB9 serial port to use with the console cable. However, most of today’s computers do not have this port. Please note that when resetting a password on some Cisco devices, you need to press CTRL-BREAK while the unit is first powered on. Many of the “cheap” USB to serial adapters do not pass this code, ours does! You can find it by clicking HERE!
Visit our Shipping Policy page for information if you are not located within the continental United States including AA, AE, and AP shipments before you order online.
*** We ship WORLDWIDE!!! ***
Have a Question or want to customize your kit?
Call us for free by clicking the call button below.
♥ We Love to Customize ♥